Herpes is a social transmittable disease and that is why you should be careful in dating someone with herpes. If you are suffering from genital herpes, never lose hope for your dating life. If you are in search for valuable information about herpes dating, here is 6 helpful tips for dating people with herpes.
- If you have herpes and you are dating someone, the first thing that you must do is to be honest and let the other personal know about your situation. You must make sure that the person knows about what you are going through before things get serious between the two of you.
- Have a heart-to-heart talk with the other person. You should expect that she would be taken aback by what you will say but that is just a normal initial reaction to your condition. There is a possibility that she may feel betrayed especially if you will drop the bomb after you have had several dates already.
- If she cares for you though and if she is a sensible person, she will hear you out. You are expected to tell her about the details of your condition, not the part about where you got the disease. If she really cares for you, she will hear you out and understand you.
- Improve your chances by seeking like-minded individuals. Look for someone who is not quick to stereotype and judge. Honesty is an excellent quality even if you don’t have herpes.
- If you are not under a physician’s care to help you manage outbreaks, then get there. While there is no cure, many treatments are available to reduce the severity and frequency of genital herpes outbreaks. It is very important to work with your doctor to know when you are most likely to be contagious and follow your treatment regimen.
- Visit some dating sites that will allow you to freely connect with others who also suffer from genital herpes. You don’t have to worry about breaking the transmission of your herpes and dealing with rejection. This can be a win-win situation for everyone involved. These sites provide you with multiple formats for meeting a compatible partner. They are often free and it is easy to register.